Thothspot VII-PAW project

« Home 

2.5.06

What is a PAW project?

There are many excuses that can be used to explain why you don`t get your camera out of the bag or down from the shelf. Time is one, other interests is another. A picture-a-week project is ment to inspire your self or others to take more pictures, enjoy the pleasure of photography and maybe by being observant make a difference or brighten other peoples day. From my own point of view this project is started to get my old cameras out on the street, and take pictures that I otherwise probably would have missed. I plan to use my Nikon EM, Yashica MAT, underestimated lovely Yashica Electro 35 or the Yashica Electro GSN ( I just got my self one from USA), all these cameras is very low tech, manual and simple cameras, that delivers good pictures every time. The pure joy of using 25-50 year old equipment can never be estimated in picture quality or money. It is the feeling of doing something relaxing and fun , while working on photography skills and looking on the world trough a viewfinder (the moments and choices to keep) that makes a difference to me. Sometimes the digital tool Nikon D70 or my semipro Mamiya M645 will do the job as PAW tools. The tools are really not important, the experience and documentation is. The pictures displayed will be my choice of the week, and the standard, quality and motives my not be significant to others. But if you choose to take them for what they are, tou are very welcome to leave a comment. First posting will be by the end of week 18/2006. And remember the finish of the project is not the goal, the experience getting there is what matters.

Posted by Thoth | 4:35 p.m. | E-mail this post

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

Name:

Website:

Comment:

 


mai 2006 juni 2006


Powered by Blogger Templates